13 August 2010

Gravenstein Apple Fair - 100th Anniversary


This weekend Sebastopol will be celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the Gravenstein Apple Fair! Gravenstein apples are one of my favorite treats. What a delicious way to celebrate Sonoma agriculture!

The fair will take place Saturday, August 14th (10am - 6pm) and Sunday, August 15th (10am - 5pm) at the Ragle Ranch Park. This is my first time at the fair, so I'm über excited. (Yes, I said "über" because one of the places the Gravenstein apple grows is in Germany.) As soon as I heard there'll be apple pie eating contests, sheep shearing, music, and funnel cake, I made sure to get tickets. If there's one thing you'll learn about me, it's that I love funnel cake.

So check it out and hope to see you there! Proceeds from ticket sales go to the Sonoma County Farm Trails Map & Guide and Farm Trails' promotional and educational programs.

An apple a day doesn't keep this doctor away,
Dr. Lynda Tran

No comments:

Post a Comment