28 April 2015

Himalayan Health Exchange: April 2015

Earlier this month, I was fortunate enough to take a little time off and travel to the Himalayas. Here are just a few pictures from the trip...
Our Home Away From Home
Performing Extractions at a Local Classroom 
Outdoor Clinic Set Up 
Challenging Treatment Conditions (i.e. Heavy Rain and Cold Weather)
The Amazing Dental Team
(Dr. Doug, Me, Dr. Madalyn, Harish - Our Translator)

Some of My Favorite Kids :)
Future Doctors
The Himalayas
I was able to push myself to provide treatment for patients in some of the most challenging conditions I have experienced. I met some of the smartest, most talented, and caring doctors (and soon-to-be doctors) on this trip and was so thrilled to get to know all these amazing individuals. This truly was a life changing adventure and I hope to have the opportunity to return to this special place. My thoughts and prayers go out to families and those effected by the earthquake. 

Namaste,
Dr. Lynda Tran

No comments:

Post a Comment